According to Famitsu, the battle system in Project X Zone is known as the “Cross Active Battle System”. It consists of moving your units from grid to grid and using the D-Pad and A button to perform combos on your enemy when you’re engaged in battle. The game also features a gauge that fills as you attack enemies. The gauge’s power can be used to activate special attacks and defensive moves, but everyone in your party has to share the same gauge, so it’s best to use it wisely.
The magazine also revealed a few other additions to the game’s roster:
- Chun-Li from Street Fighter
- Erica Fontaine and Gemini Sunrise from Sakura Wars
- Haken Browning and Kaguya Nanbu from Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier
- Bruno from Dynamite Cop
- Morrigan from Darkstalkers
- Valkyrie from Valkyrie no Boken
You can check after the break for scans for the game.